Our Eco Council for the year 2022-2023
Our East Preston Eco Code
"At East Preston Infant School we care about our world. In our world, we all have the right to live on a healthy planet and we aim to reduce, reuse and recycle. We believe that animals and people have the right to live in and near clean, unpolluted sea waters and beaches. All people have equal rights, and we value people from everywhere in the world."
Our Eco Council is made up of six Y1 and Y2 pupils.
We are pleased to announce that our School Council Leaders are:
|Year 1||Year 2|
Eco Council Letters
More to follow
Our impact over the years:
- Through installing solar panels in our school we have saved 50% of all energy used so far.
- Recycling bins for specific plastic waste (i.e. glue lids, whiteboard pens etc.).
- Termly grounds mornings which help conserve our school grounds and Forest School.
- Yearly participation in Walk to School week, we have the right to be healthy!
- Yearly participation for food collection for UK Harvest.
- Contributing to WWF and fundraising programmes in order to support endangered animal species.